Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

You MUST MAKE A POST IN THE INTRODUCTIONS FORUM to become an active member. IF you do not post there you will not be able to post anywhere or download anything from the downloads area. Arcade scores were RESET on Friday 10 Feb 2017
@  Sheba : (30 May 2017 - 06:11 AM) attacked Worgen and was successful
@  Sheba : (30 May 2017 - 03:26 AM) attacked Worgen and was successful
@  Sheba : (30 May 2017 - 01:49 AM) attacked Worgen and was successful
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 11:58 PM) attacked Undead and was successful
@  legionaire : (29 May 2017 - 11:58 PM) Today's Happy Hour has now ended.
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 09:24 PM) attacked Worgen and was successful
@  legionaire : (29 May 2017 - 09:01 PM) Today's Happy Hour has now started.
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 02:51 PM) attacked Worgen and was successful
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 01:10 PM) attacked Worgen and was successful
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 11:46 AM) attacked Night Elf and was successful
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 10:45 AM) attacked Night Elf and was successful
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 09:42 AM) attacked Night Elf and was successful
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 08:41 AM) attacked Night Elf and was successful
@  mags : (29 May 2017 - 07:35 AM) attacked mezalib and was successful
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 03:20 AM) attacked Night Elf and was successful
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 02:11 AM) attacked Night Elf and was successful
@  Sheba : (29 May 2017 - 01:02 AM) attacked Night Elf and was successful
@  legionaire : (29 May 2017 - 12:58 AM) Today's Happy Hour has now ended.
@  legionaire : (28 May 2017 - 08:30 PM) Today's Happy Hour has now started.
@  legionaire : (28 May 2017 - 08:30 PM) Today's Happy Hour has now started.

Photo

Progress of IPB 4 version

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Jeremy

Jeremy

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tennessee
Click to view battle stats

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:40 AM

delete please, double posted

#42 Jeremy

Jeremy

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:43 AM

I am not sure whats is going on with legionaire right now, i am sure he is busy working at the moment though, Shady is busy working to, Sandi been sick, and Sykoect i am guessing hes busy with family time, but i am sure they be back when things settle down with real life for them, maybe they will do something in time, i always say never say never.

Where did he say that he is no longer supporting it?

#43 Woffie

Woffie

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:56 PM

You guys were right about IPS 4.X. That is why I switched to Xenforo a few months ago. There is an arcade for Xenforo but it is bare bones. With the fact that flash is on the way out, unfortunately so are flash based arcades. HTML5 based games are the future.

#44 Woffie

Woffie

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

BTW, if you converted this arcade to Xenforo, you could make some serious $$$$$$

#45 Volstate

Volstate

• VIP
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:01 AM

Serious money could be made if this arcade were converted to IPB 4...

#46 Windwalker

Windwalker

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:49 AM

Amen to that o making some money for V4. I understand that Legionaire couldn't find any help with conversion. Really sad, I miss that Arcade and so do my members. 

#47 Jeremy

Jeremy

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:04 PM

I am someone that could help, but since its still encoded, there is really not much i can do right now, i been around the community for a long time, i know my way around, if i was to ever get access to the decoded version i would have to get to know the code in 3x series first, just like anyone else that is new to the code, the arcade code is very complex, and its a very tough code to mess with.. but yes its possible to be done.. like i said above you have to start from the older code before trying something new.

#48 Volstate

Volstate

• VIP
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:30 AM

I am someone that could help, but since its still encoded, there is really not much i can do right now, i been around the community for a long time, i know my way around, if i was to ever get access to the decoded version i would have to get to know the code in 3x series first, just like anyone else that is new to the code, the arcade code is very complex, and its a very tough code to mess with.. but yes its possible to be done.. like i said above you have to start from the older code before trying something new.

How do we make this happen?  I'd REALLY like to have this for IPB 4

#49 Woffie

Woffie

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:04 PM

How do we make this happen?  I'd REALLY like to have this for IPB 4

It has been almost 2 years now, probably not happening.

#50 angel

angel

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:20 PM

i started on ipb4  i didnt like it all so went back to ipb3.4.9 just so i can add the arcade :D once i have finshed setting up my site i wont do anything or upgrade it untill i really have to .

• Woffie likes this

#51 Woffie

Woffie

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

i started on ipb4  i didnt like it all so went back to ipb3.4.9 just so i can add the arcade :D once i have finshed setting up my site i wont do anything or upgrade it untill i really have to .

IPS 4 is not as bad as vB 5, but close...

#52 shadowfox87

shadowfox87

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:26 AM

I hope that the developers haven't abandoned this project and by sometime next year (2017), there will be some progress for this. Several people are interested and would pay for an updated IbProArcade app for IPB 4.1.x. An arcade app is the last thing that is missing from my forum.

#53 Volstate

Volstate

• VIP
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

I hope that the developers haven't abandoned this project and by sometime next year (2017), there will be some progress for this. Several people are interested and would pay for an updated IbProArcade app for IPB 4.1.x. An arcade app is the last thing that is missing from my forum.

I'd love to have it to but I don't think it's going to happen

#54 Woffie

Woffie

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

Not gonna happen. If it were, it would have already been released. I would not count on any updates to the 3.X version either.

#55 legionaire

legionaire

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 322 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

Not gonna happen. If it were, it would have already been released. I would not count on any updates to the 3.X version either.

Why would you not count on any updates on the 3.x version, it just so happens that I have version 4.5.9 on my site right now that fixes some issue with previous versions, adds in User Settings, and changes some of the cosmetics to the look of the arcade.  This is in testing by a few sites that have been "trusted" sites and has been going rather well.  However, you are more correct in saying that IPS4 will "probably" not happen

#56 shadowfox87

shadowfox87

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

Actually I found an alternative for IPS 4 and it's called Clan Wars 2.02. https://invisionpowe...nb41-clan-wars/
I mainly used the ibproarcade in 3.4.x for the Team Wars. I'm doing tournaments already using challonge. Integrated Team Wars was the missing component which now I have.

#57 Woffie

Woffie

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

Why would you not count on any updates on the 3.x version, it just so happens that I have version 4.5.9 on my site right now that fixes some issue with previous versions, adds in User Settings, and changes some of the cosmetics to the look of the arcade.  This is in testing by a few sites that have been "trusted" sites and has been going rather well.  However, you are more correct in saying that IPS4 will "probably" not happen

I thought you said you were retiring, that is why I thought there would be no updates. Good news about the update. I am using 3.x as my arcade forum. I have 2 licenses.

#58 legionaire

legionaire

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:45 AM

I am making small tweaks and adding items when I have time, but I am not beginning anything new, such as IPS4

• Whitey, davagator and Woffie like this

#59 Woffie

Woffie

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

Actually I found an alternative for IPS 4 and it's called Clan Wars 2.02. https://invisionpowe...nb41-clan-wars/
I mainly used the ibproarcade in 3.4.x for the Team Wars. I'm doing tournaments already using challonge. Integrated Team Wars was the missing component which now I have.

That is not even close to an arcade. In fact that is not as good as the battle mod here.

#60 Gerry

Gerry

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:56 PM

I am making small tweaks and adding items when I have time, but I am not beginning anything new, such as IPS4

If I know you buddy, and with you being through what you have, you have always bounced back and with a vengence which shows the stamina and stock you are from. I for one certainly commend you for all you did for us and I have known you on the internet for a few years now, even when I used to fall out with Sherri you were there to talk to me to calm things down, but one thing you taught me  was to never say never, I think I know you enough to say. you will be back in your full glory as always. If it were not for you some 10 years ago I would have given up this internet thing, yet, and here is a testement to you my friend now totally blind, 62 years of age, a veteran of 22 years for Queen and Country, and also 2 University Degree's a (Bachalor's and a Masters in Computer Science) I am now teaching the Internet and computer skills to disabled children.

This was because you, you spurred me on years ago, what all this and blind I am sure people will say well as a veteran I have the backing of a charity called Blind Veterans UK, who supply me with all I need to live my life to the full, talking software like Supernova, keyboards for the blind, talking books, and lots of hands on support, just like what you dished out to me all those years ago.  You will bounce back that I am sure of when only you know that, but you will, why? because now in the back of your brain you will see the good that you did for me, never give up my friend, show good leadership in adversity as you did with me, I am so grateful to be where I am today all down to you buddy.

God bless you

Gerry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users